LEC is again offering Luck of the Draw scholarships to our members and their dependents. This year one $5,000 and 14 $1,000 scholarships will be awarded. Students who have won in the past are welcome to apply again as long as they continue to meet all the eligibility requirements. The winners are randomly drawn from all eligible received applications. This is a unique approach as it gives all eligible applicants an equal chance of winning.
To be eligible:
- The student or their parent/legal guardian must be an active member of LEC currently receiving electric service.
- The student must complete the application below. If the student is unable to apply online, a paper application can be requested by contacting LEC at 406-889-3301 or email@example.com.
- Completed applications are due to LEC no later than 5:30 pm on Wednesday, March 20, 2019.
- The student and/or applicable LEC member must attend and register for LEC's Annual Meeting on Saturday, March 30, 2019, sign-in at the Luck of the Draw table prior to 9:15 a.m., and be present for the drawings.
- The student must be enrolled, or planning to enroll, full-time in a non-graduate course of study at an accredited two-year, four-year, trade, or vocational institution for the upcoming 2019 Summer or Fall term.
- The student must be working on their first undergraduate degree or certification.
The Luck of the Draw Scholarship program is not funded directly through electric rates, nor will it affect rates. LEC's scholarship funds come from unclaimed capital credit money that has been placed in an account and is earning interest.